Table Parts and How to Help
Electric Epidural Positioning Device
List Price: $9,999.00
Discounted Price: $8,999.00
You Save: $1,000.00 (10 %)
Item Number: E-EPD
Manufacturer Part No: E-EPD
Electric Epidural Positioning Device
Tutorial Video - Rethink Patient Safety with the EPD (Epidural Positioning Device) from PHS Medical from Pivotal Health Solutions on Vimeo.
Since 2001, the original, patented EPD (Epidural Positioning Device) has set a standard for patient and staff safety, providing a revolutionary alternative for positioning patients safely and comfortably during epidural procedures and when performing other central anesthetic techniques. The EPD is currently in use in labor and delivery suites, operating rooms, pain management centers and outpatient surgical centers all over the world.
With our new E-EPD (Electric Epidural Positioning Device), advanced ergonomics, increased comfort and ease of use delivers faster, more efficient placements and better access to the cervical spine, making it ideal for a wider variety of pain management applications.
Designed by An Anesthesiologist
Based on a design by an anesthesiologist, the E-EPD positions patients correctly and comfortably by encouraging cervical, thoracic and lumbar flexion while maintaining a solid and stable position. A new curved design, supporting up to 400 lbs., accommodates patients of a variety of body sizes and weights. Electronic controls adjust the E-EPD to the correct height and foot position for each patient, while the easy mechanical lock and release system makes chest, arm and head adjustments quick and effortless.
The E-EPD also offers these other benefits:
- It's intuitive to use and easy to set up, clean and move between rooms.
- Convenient, disposable face and arm rest covers make for fast and sanitary changeovers between patients.
- A single foot pedal easily locks or unlocks all 4 castors quickly and effortlessly.
- The battery charges fully in 6 hours and lasts between 40 to 100 cycles (based on load).
Proper positioning is essential for a successful block, yet it can be difficult for a variety of reasons. The E-EPD eliminates many common safety and positioning concerns:
- The assistant or nurse holding the patient may not be physically able to maintain the position needed or to hold the full weight of patient due to painful stress on knees, back, shoulders and neck.
- The patient may not understand your instructions.
- Sedation may make the patient unable to cooperate or follow directions.
- The size and weight of the patient and the staff member can vary, making each positioning unique.
- Patient may tense or attempt to move if they feel uncomfortable or not secure, which can result in injury or improper placement.
- The patient may experience vertigo or nausea, causing them to lose position.
- In many cases, a rolling stool is used under the feet or a bedside table is used under the arms. Either could roll and cause dangerous movement or be slippery.
- The position of being far forward and "hugging" a pillow can cause lightheadedness or faintness.
- With the epidural positioner, staff is still in the room, but hands are free to assist the anesthesiologist more readily.
For staff, there are additional considerations that can result in injury and loss of time:
- Trying to push against a stool with thighs while extending to hold patient can be uncomfortable, especially during a placement that takes a bit longer.
- Holding a larger patient can cause low back, shoulder, knee or neck pain, whether during a one-time event or cumulatively.
- If the patient begins to feel uncomfortable, they may inadvertently bite, pinch, scratch or otherwise injure the holder.
Load Rating: 400 lbs.
Dimensions: 28”Wide X 29” Depth X 49”-57" High
Weight: 110 lbs.
Arm Rest Range: 6” Range
Arm Rest Size: 16.75” X 4.5”
Chest Piece Range: 6” Range
Chest Piece Size: 6.5” x 6.5
Electrical: 100v, 3 Prong Plug
Base Clearance: 4.5" from floor to base, 15"-18" distance between wheels
Shipping Weight: 170 lbs
Shipping Box: 36.5” x 38.5” x 50”
Shipping Method: Palletized, Ships Freight
Warranty: PHS Medical warrants all of its products to be free from defects in material and workmanship at the time of delivery and for a period of:
• LDS Body Frame: 5 years
• Electrical & Moving Components: 1 year
• Cushions and Foam: 1 Year
• Hardware and Accessories: 1 year
The Proven Customer